In my opinion one of the easiest ways to practice self love is to find joy in the little things, so I’m going to share a list of all the little things that make me smile. I think it’s very easy to get caught up in our busy daily lives and forget to just enjoy things that are around you. But there is so much beauty and happiness around us if we take a second to notice.
1. Puppies. I don’t just mean a brand new puppy. It could the oldest dog ever and I still call it a puppy. But every single time I see a puppy I can’t help but smile. There’s just so pure and innocent and I always smile at the puppies when I see them.
2. My boyfriend. The first moment I see my boyfriend when he gets out of work I instantly light up and smile. Just knowing that he’s coming to me and loves me and I get to love him, makes me so happy. I know no relationship is perfect and people have their issues but I’m always reminded in that instant of the first time I met him in person and all the reasons that I love him. Also, every time he winks at me I smile too.
3. The clouds and sky line. The sky is so vast and beautiful and can be so amazing if you take a second to look at it. One of my favorite things when I was little and still sometimes now was to just lay in my yard and stare up at the sky and see what I could make out of the clouds. Whether they were just little wisps or huge clouds I would always try to make a shape out of it. It’s also a good reminder of how small we are and I mean that in a good way. When we get so caught up in our problems and lives, it’s not that those things aren’t important but it’s nice to remember that there are bigger things than us and it’s going to be okay.
4. Snow. I have always loved snow and I feel more energized and excited when it snows than any other time. I appreciate it even more now that I live in Tennessee and it’s not a thing that happens a lot here. I still loved it though even when we had what seemed like years on winter in New York. I always smile when I see snowflakes falling.
5. A child. It’s the same as a puppy kind of in the sense that they are so pure and innocent and seeing them smile or laugh, it’s just so hard not to smile at that. I’m about nine years older than one of my cousins and I used to help my gramma watch him when he was little and his laugh was one of the best sounds in the world.
6. Flowers. I just think they’re beautiful and it’s an amazing reminder of nature and how beautiful it can be.
Do you find joy in the little things? What are some things that make you smile? Let me know in the comments.