In keeping with my theme of love for the month of February let’s talk about some self-love/self-care things. I’m going to share a list of some of my “me time” must haves.
1. Wine. Or some type of drink. Not that it has to be alcohol but if I am taking the time for me and I’m not talking about the few minutes or maybe half hour or so here and there but a decent amount of time for me, I like to have a glass of wine. Sometimes a margarita because who doesn’t love tequila but normally I like a glass of wine.
2. A journal or notebook. I don’t always write in it but I like to have one with me. Sometimes I just like to jot down the emotions that I have felt throughout the day. Other times I like to write some song lyrics or poems or pieces of stories that have popped into my head. I’ve always been very comfortable writing and I’ve always been big on keeping a journal even if I don’t write in it everyday.
3. A book. I am an avid reader and love to always have a book. I am the type of girl that used to put a book in her purse/bag when she went out on a date or to the movies because you just never know. Kind of like the journal or notebook, I don’t always read it but I like to have one with me in case the mood strikes or sometimes I just read a line or two and I’m good.
4. A snack, usually Cheez-its. They’re my favorite but sometimes I’ll mix it up a little.
5. A candle. I prefer Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath & Body Works but again sometimes I like other ones as well. I’m a big fan of their wine scented ones and I like some special Christmas ones and Halloween ones as well. Also, if they have a sparkly top or design on the outside the better. I know it doesn’t affect the scent of the candle but I love sparkles.
6. Music. My taste in music is very eclectic and there’s not much that I don’t like even though I am a country girl and country is my favorite with Aerosmith and Cher coming in a close second. However, during “me time” I tend to prefer Amy Winehouse, Regina Spektor, Florence + the Machine, or Sara Bareilles. Sometimes a combination of the four but I usually pick one. Amy Winehouse in particular seems to be the one I pick the most.
7. A movie. If I am going the movie route though I do forego the music because that would not be ideal. My movie of choice 27 Dresses. I went to see it in theaters when it came out and it has been forever my favorite since. Bride Wars is a pretty close second for “me time”.
8. In the cooler months, I like to always have a blanket with me. Specifically a fuzzy blanket or really soft blanket. Although, most blankets that I own are already fuzzy or soft because really what is the point if it’s not.
Those are some of my must haves. Are any of these on your must have lists? If not, what is on yours? What’s your favorite thing out of all of them? Feel free to let me know in the comments.